WCCAC & WCSO host Central Texas Champions for Children Conference
The WCCAC, in conjunction with the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office, sponsored the Central Texas Champions for Children Conference on Thursday, May 14, 2015, specifically for professional training on legal and investigative current events and trends in child abuse cases for Agency Partners who are part of the Child Protection Team. This year’s conference was held at the new Georgetown Police Department’s Public Safety Operations and Training Center at 3500 DB Wood Road. The day included great guest speakers, important information, and legislative updates, with CEU & TCOLE credits available. Speakers included:
- Jim Tanner, PhD – KB Solutions
- Session 1: Understanding Sex Offenders, Their Thoughts & Behaviors
- Larry Braunstein, JD – Braunstein & Zuckerman, Esqs.
- Session 2: How Not to Help the Defense Attorney in Child Abuse Cases
- Session 3: Who Gets Burned When You Burn Out?
- Dan Powers – Sr. VP of Clinical & Admin Services, C.A.C. of Collin County
- Chris Newlin, MS, LPC – Executive Director of National Children’s Advocacy Center
Click on the flyer below for more information.