The Center is currently experiencing an acute need for volunteers. Volunteers are an essential fiber in the fabric of the Center. Volunteers greet families, interact with children, help clients with paperwork, answer phones, and take care of various administrative projects as needs arise. For more than ten years the Center has relied on the community to provide a variety of needed services for the children and staff. These volunteers, assisting with all the behind-the-scenes work, are vital to the work of the Center, giving the staff the ability to stay focused on the children.
You can make a difference!
There are many ways that you can help:
- Greeting clients, welcoming them to the Center
- Helping with fundraisers
- Performing light housekeeping, as needed
- Assisting with various clerical and program tasks
Check out the Volunteer Application, below, for more ways to help!
Things to know about volunteering for WCCAC:
- Volunteers are required to fill out a Volunteer Application Form.
- Due to the confidentiality of services provided at the Children’s Advocacy Center, volunteers must be 21 years old or older and are carefully screened through the application process, followed by a personal interview and background checks.
- Upon acceptance, volunteers go through a training course to learn how to interact with families in crisis.
Volunteers play a vital role in helping the children and their families feel comfortable and safe during difficult times. If you would like to make a difference in the life of a child, contact us today at 512-943-3701 or email the volunteer coordinator, Gloria Romero-Hutchinson.
Please print and complete both the following forms to apply.